Monday, October 19, 2009

I found Money!

My mother opened her new accounts on 13 Oct 2006. The closing balance for her checking account is $563.49 and for her savings is $10,177.69. This will be my starting point for all calculations to come. I have this information because on 02 July 2007, she appointed me Power of Attorney, and with that, I did much research. More on that later.

Here's the new accounts (clicking images enlarges them. Use your back button to return):


In the last post I mentioned I found stock certificates left from my father. After much work on my part, I was able to sell the stocks and deposit $15,223.03 into my moms savings account. This occurred on 06 Dec 2006.

At this point, in my mind, I believe XX has no knowledge of what is in the savings account and can not access it. I can't recall why I believed that, and I'm still positive to this day XX had no idea what was in savings. I'm aware he's helping himself to my mothers money, but it's only a few hundred a month from her checking account, so I let it go. I observe that XX is signing my mothers name on checks. XX has her debit card with access to her checking account. XX is starting to handle the mail (recall they live in the same house).  XX is paying some of his bills directly from her checking account (where the biller deducts the amount automatically), such as the newspaper, EZpass, etc. This list will grow over time. XX is also using her credit card. My mothers vision is going fast.

SUMMARY: My mother starts with a clean slate; brand new checking and savings account. I find $15K in stocks and deposit the proceeds into her savings. XX is stealing a few hundred from my mother here and there, and I let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment