Monday, October 19, 2009

Am I out of the family?

They all think XX is so wonderful (not their fault). A cousin recently told me he's been bad mouthing me. I've already begun to exit the family circle. I shut down my social networking sites. I changed my email. I changed phone numbers. No one can find me now. My wife and kids never want to see him again. I don't blame them. Maybe because I've known him so long, I tolerate him better.

We could never attend any event where my brother would be. I know my wife and kids will not attend the funeral. I'm not even sure about it myself. As far as I'm concerned, funerals, cemeteries and all of that are for the living. The family is not big enough for both of us. Either they kick him out, or I'll have to disappear. As much as I hate for my mother to die, I also know I'll be free. It'll be the start of a brand new life; a life without XX.

No comments:

Post a Comment