Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're Free!

Today is May 17th, 2010. My mom died last night about 1:10 AM. Thank you God for finally calling her home. No one should have to suffer the way she did and especially for so long. I pray she's reunited with my dad and all the others who have already passed. So she's free. I'm free also.


Update-Later in the day now (late morning). XX was too numb to make funeral arrangements, so he went to the funeral home at which I had made arrangements. He was OK with everything  I planned, so that's good. He actually liked the casket I picked. All is set.

Update-May 18th-XX  was supposed to meet a funeral director to drop of hair coloring or something last night and clothes for her to wear. The man waited over two hours and XX didn't show up.  Meanwhile, XX was not responding to my text messages. I can't leave a voice message as his message box is full. Now this morning (18th), even the Church is calling and can't reach him. The funeral home needs information and long story short, no one can contact him. I mean, I'm even calling my moms land line and it's busy.

So I call my moms former neighbor and ask her to go to the house to see if he's there. 20 minutes later, she calls and tells me she can't get in the house because a chair is propped up against the door knob. She sounds very scared. I told her to call the police.

The police show up and they find him in bed. He crashed but they got him up. I guess they wanted to take him to the hospital or something, but the neighbor explained that his mother just died and all that. So the police left. Can you imagine this? I mean, you just can't make this stuff up!

Update-May 19th-we buried her today. My youngest daughter was extremely ill as soon as we arrived at the funeral home. So she was tied up in the bathroom with my wife for awhile. She settled down but stayed in the foyer. My wife said her heart was pounding at the thought of seeing XX and my oldest daughter was filled with anger about having to be in the same building with him. I was pretty much alone with the guests in the room where my mom was.

No one realizes that I'm the only reason she even had a funeral. So what's next? I have no plans to go to the house to save anything. Normally, I'd want to save some items of sentimental value but now, they would only remind me of the most painful period of my life. I'll keep my phone only as long as he doesn't aggravate me. Once I'm annoyed, I can ditch the phone and never have to deal with him again. Of course I'm also out of the family as that's the only way to be free of him. The family has no idea what's going on.

1 comment:

  1. FROM TINY




    Safely Home
    by Unknown

    I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
    Oh, so happy and so bright!
    There is perfect joy and beauty
    In this everlasting light.

    All the pain and grief is over,
    Every restless tossing passed;
    I am now at peace forever,
    Safely home in Heaven at last.

    Did you wonder I so calmly
    Trod the valley of the shade?
    Oh! but Jesus' arm to lean on,
    Could I have one doubt or dread?

    Then you must not grieve so sorely,
    For I love you dearly still;
    Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
    Pray to trust our Father's Will.

    There is work still waiting for you,
    So you must not idly stand;
    Do it now, while life remaineth--
    You shall rest in Jesus' land.

    When that work is all completed,
    He will gently call you Home;
    Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
    Oh, the joy to see you come!

    ReplyDelete