Monday, October 19, 2009

Where is it going?

It's only natural for me to wonder where $20,000 or more went, right? Supposedly he has a job (making almost $68K/yr). Where's his money going? He's driving my moms old car. He doesn't have nice clothes or an expensive watch. If he had medical bills, he would tell me. I had to go upstairs to his place while he was in the hospital. I can't recall why but it was disgusting up there. The health department would have condemned it. I told my wife I would never eat there again (we celebrated Thanksgiving there twice I believe).

So back to the question. Where could that much money go? I have pleaded with him to open up to me, that perhaps I could help him with whatever trouble he's in. SLAM! Alright then. I asked him if we could all sit down together and discuss finances. SLAM! I'm trying.

Back to the hospital; what happened there? Could drugs have lead to that episode? It's not like he went to a jungle in a third world county. Can I assume it's cocaine? Could it be gambling? Is he being blackmailed? Oh yeah, remember that boyfriend, Mark? Maybe he knows something. I'm tracking him down and I'm going to get some answers. (UPDATE June 2010: I think the guy's back in Canada). Below are some photos of his part of the house; as far as I dare go anyway.


That's a pile of mail under the booklet. Probably some unpaid bills in there.




That's the stove straight ahead where the kettle is.



Better view of the stove with junk on it.



Yep, that's a dog in his cage.


Normally, you'd see a living room, but all this junk blocks the view.

SUMMARY: I have no clue as to where all this money is going. I think it's drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment