Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I have NO luck

I updated this in an earlier post, but if you missed it; the lawyers bookkeeper actually sent a statement to my moms house, and you know what that means. Now I was very firm with the lawyer that under no circumstance was anything to be mailed to her address. So XX calls on Wednesday (Jan 6, 2010) and wants to know why I paid a lawyer and why I used money from my mothers MetLife account. Darn it! We already had a discussion about fixing her will. He said do nothing. So I told him I had only paid to start the process with the lawyer and most of the retainer would be returned since we're not doing anything.

The point is my mother and I were both terrified if the deed were changed and he found out. The lawyer assured me there was no way he could find out. This just proves there was a way he would have found out.

Two days later, the 8th, he gets a statement from MetLife in the mail. Ouch! Of course it shows the money I paid to the lawyer, but what has him going is the $3,500 I took out. I deposited it in another bank (where I had deposited a MetLife check already) in my mothers name. From there, I gave my kids each $2K as my mother had authorized last summer.

She's down to $219.  With three weeks to go, he's going to be feeling the heat. It goes without saying no bills are being paid. Here's a current screen shot:



No comments:

Post a Comment