Monday, October 19, 2009

A little more weirdness

The other day I'm going to my moms because she was being enrolled in hospice. I wanted to be there to hear what the nurse said. On my way, I get this text from XX:



I am not spending a penny. I bring this up because my mom used to offer me money for my gas, tolls and buying her burgers or other stuff. I'd refuse and say "no mom, it's OK, just keep your money". Holy cow was I ever wrong. Once I realized that in practice it's actually XX's money, you bet I take it. And I have no problem reminding her it cost me about $30 every time I go visit her.

So the hospice lady is talking. The three of them are at a table. My moms back is to me as I'm sitting on the couch. A text message came to my phone so it made a noise. I retrieved the phone from a table and read it. Just a note from my wife, no response required on my part.

Well, I'm just sitting there listening to the nurse. I have an iPhone so my finger just starts playing around with the buttons on the phone. I guess XX didn't like that:




My two responses are lies. I can't question where over $20K went, but he's asking about my phone? I turned the phone off for the next 66 hours. Why was a repeat message sent at 2:05 AM?

Then there's this message out of left field:




OK, so he's wondering if I took money out for her funeral? The date/time is cut-off, but this is 8:23 AM October 20th 2009. This is as far as it went. I do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment