Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dec 16 Update

It's Dec 16, 2009. My moms account is down to $2,114. The day's still young though as it's only 9:25 AM. XX did a internet search for me on Dec 2nd. I performed an identical search and nothing significant came up. I wonder what he's looking for?

Last week, I called Chase to update my phone number. I've lost track of how many times I changed it. Anyway, I'm talking to an Asian woman with very bad English speaking skills. She had to ask me three security questions. I gave up trying to understand the questions and so my focus was listening for something familiar in the possible answers she offered. I failed the test. So now Chase cancels the credit card. XX gets hot about it. They call my mom and everything is straightened out. They will get a new card. I don't understand why there was no affect on the checking account and debit card though. I'm not a fan of Chase.

I've met a lawyer to figure out what to do with my moms useless will. Everything is in the house. The deed is written so my brother gets it when she dies. The lawyer said she'll go to my moms house and have papers signed there. They will have to remove XX from the deed (if I understand correctly) and the lawyer said XX will never know. I'm not sure how you take someone off a deed without their knowledge. So it ends up that my mom gets a new will saying we split everything 50/50 and in order for that to work, she will be the only one on the deed.

We are both scared that XX will find out. Also, I should only get 50% of my moms previous house, so this new arrangement gives me more. When you consider he stole half of my inheritance portion from her bank account already, not a big deal.

I want to get this in the open, so I'm about to send XX an email explaining the situation and he has two choices; to allow mom to get a lawyer to split everything 50/50, or do nothing and get it all. At least it'll be out to for the whole world to see his intentions.

January 7th, 2009 update: I just explained how we're afraid he would find out, but the lawyer said there's no way for him to discover changes to the will. Guess who just mailed a statement to my mom's address? After I made it crystal clear (so I thought) no mail was to go to her address, they send a statement! Of course I received a phone call from XX (talking through my mother) yesterday. Talk about aggravation. Can you imagine if I had not already discussed the will with him? So I just had to explain it was in the works but canceled thanks to him.


I also made funeral arrangements. $9,550. If my brother says we can get a lawyer, then I'll send a check (almost half will be from my mothers accounts that I've hidden from XX). If my brother want's it all, then 'bye 'bye funeral arrangements, he's on his own which could mean Potters Field for my mother. If I'm confident I can get my share of her property in civil court, then maybe I'll still buy her a funeral.

As you can see, the situation is deteriorating. So he's on his own with the funeral unless a lawyer makes me feel good about contesting the distribution of her property. Guess she's heading to Potters Field otherwise. If he really cared about her, he'd make sure he was in charge of her final arrangements and had the money. He's in for a surprise when I disappear.

Just want to add how much he's ruined my last days with my mother. I would like to have visited her with my family Thanksgiving. There are Sundays and Saturdays we could have visited. Christmas was another no show for us. If he's there, then we can't visit. We can't imagine being in the same room with him. YUCK! A couple of times I was ten minutes from her house and when I called to see what he was up to; darn it, he was there. Nothing like wasting almost five hours driving back and forth. Much wasted gas. So not only has he robbed her financially, but he's robbed her of visits from my family. Very very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment