Friday, October 16, 2009

New Piece of the Puzzle

Today is Friday, Nov 6, 2009. I've been wondering how XX has been using the debit card so much. My mother tells me she gives him the card once in awhile to get cash for her. She said she gives him the card and then he brings it back to her with the cash. Meanwhile, the bank says there's only one card. So I started to think he must have a duplicate of her debit card.

I went through a whole big investigation today, but here's the bottom line. My mother only THINKS she has a debit card. XX has the actual debit card; ALWAYS. My mom doesn't realize she has only a credit card. So picture this scene. She goes to XX, hands him her credit card and says go get money. He laughs to himself, strolls out and gets the cash. He returns and gives her the cash and credit card. Such a good boy. So he has her debit card and she doesn't know it.

Oh, I lucked out. In the mailbox was a check for $1,200 from her MetLife account. It's on it's way to an account I have for her. The money will never be touched as the account will someday be an 'orphaned' account with unclaimed funds. I'm just keeping it out of XX's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment