Monday, October 19, 2009

Planning a funeral - sort of

I suggested to XX he allow me (I'm going to throw up) to take money from her account to give to a funeral home. In this way, it could be in an irrevocable trust (safe) and we'd know that at least she'd get a proper send off. SLAM!

XX thinks he can sign over his insurance money. We both get $10K by the way. It's spelled out at the insurance company. So he thinks he's going to waltz in and sign his money over; of course my money also. I've discussed this with the insurance company and the money CAN NOT be signed over. So that's that. He doesn't want to talk about it now. Baloney. He has a plan.

His plan is we both walk in. The director will want at least a down payment to get things started, and I'm guessing full payment before burial. XX will  play dumb and talk about signing over the insurance money. That will hit a dead end. XX knows he has zilch in the bank and the worst credit rating available. Would he take money out of her account? After all, the bank won't know for a very long time that their client is deceased.

In short, his plan is to look over at me and leave me holding the bag. He's going to get the house ($500K if debt collectors don't get it), his $10K insurance money and all he stole; then expect me to pay for the funeral.

I have a plan also. By the way, notice his text where he writes "WE" will just use her accounts. I don't think so. When she dies, my POA goes with her. Without a will (since I voided it), there is no going to the bank. The account will be almost empty anyway.


I recently found out that in this State, a funeral home can not be named beneficiary.

No comments:

Post a Comment